Social Media 201
Learn how to promote your business online. Whether you are just starting out or have been trying on your own, this course is for you.
Social Media Training 201 is an exploration of the top social media platforms and digital marketing strategies. This hands-on training is designed to provide you with the in-depth practical knowledge needed to promote your business online & strategies to succeed.
People want to buy from businesses that they KNOW, LIKE & TRUST. Learn pro tips from industry professionals to use Social Media to increase BRAND AWARENESS, create BRAND AFFINITY and ensure your business is seen as an industry LEADER.
With a well-defined social media strategy in place, your team can accomplish all your social media goals in 15 – 20 minutes a day. [at] Marketing’s Social Media Training will provide you with the in-depth practical knowledge needed & strategies to succeed online.
Learn About Funding Opportunities
Available for businesses in all sectors across Alberta
Two-thirds of the training costs (up to 100% if hiring an unemployed Albertan)
Residents of Canada, 25-65 years old, who have $10,000-150,000 in earnings for work.
$250+ via income tax return
1-1 Private Training
Online or Classroom Options – Flexible Training Schedule
3 Full Days of Training (10am – 4pm) – Online or Classroom Options
#201, 10171 Saskatchewan Dr
Online Training Option Available
Group Training $1,750
Private Training $3,000
21 Hours of Training
Individual 1:1 Sessions
Tricia Dey Twomey, BA
Group Training: $1,750 (+gst)
Private Training: $3,000 (+gst)
#201, 10526 Jasper Ave Edmonton, AB T5J 1Z7
Onsite Training Available
Social Media for Small Business
Objectives & Outcomes
We will help you stay hands-on with your social media marketing and provide guidance to get the best results. Your team will have a game plan to really rock your strategy and a marketing calendar full of content and ideas.
You will learn:
- The role of marketing in organizational strategy
- Explore topics related to branding, competition, social media, market research
- Develop and implement strategies systems to be successful on Social Media
- Deep dive into the most important social media platforms:
➣ Google My Business
➣ LinkedIn for Business
➣ Instagram for Business
➣ Facebook for Business
Module 1: Social Media Strategy
We will make sure you are on the right Social Media Channels for your business and they are set up properly. Then we will create a framework to help you make good business decisions in an ever-changing digital marketing environment. The Social Media Strategy module will guide you through the steps to build your own marketing map.
- Evaluate your current social media presence
- Answer key questions about your social media objectives, current status and profiles, content strategy, and how to measure success.
Module 2: Google My Business
Learn why every business should claim and optimize their Google My Business Listing. We will also talk a little bit about SEO.
- We will guide you through the setup steps and help you verify your Page.
- Next, we will help you optimize your listing so that you show up first in local searches.
- Together we will create a customized strategy to generate online reviews.
- Learn how to use Google My Business to get more customers.
Module 3: LinkedIn For Business
Leverage the reach relevance and return on investment that LinkedIn has to offer. Grow your network and demonstrate your expertise in your industry with this amazing marketing platform.
- Create & optimize your profile.
- Implement a strategic LinkedIn marketing strategy that will generate leads and clients.
- Includes a customized Networking Strategy & Content Creation Plan.
Module 4: Instagram For Business
Use Instagram to build your business. We will teach you how to:
- Set up your Professional Instagram page.
- Use Instagram’s Tools and the strategies.
- Build a sound marketing plan to achieve Instagram success.
- Includes a customized Content Creation Strategy.
Module 5: Facebook For Business
Together we will
- Create and optimize your Facebook Business Page.
- Develop a Facebook marketing strategy & promotional plan.
- Learn everything you need to get started with Business Manager—from creating your account and adding assets, to assigning the right permissions across your team.
- Includes a customized Content Creation Strategy.
Module 6: Graphic Design for Social Media
Learn how to utilize Canva to create social media templates that reflect your brand personality and execute your brand kit for consistency, professionalism and trust. Develop social media templates that you can use again and again in your social media posts.
Module 7: Creating Content For Posting
We need to make sure your brand message is one that will resonate with your target market on social media. What information are they looking for? What problem can you solve for them? And where do they want to find the solution?
- The 3 Types of Content
- Consumer Avatars
- The Problem(s) you solve & Nailing Down Your Messaging
- Find great content to post
- How often to post
Module 8: Create a Comprehensive Digital Marketing Strategy
Create a framework to help you make good business decisions in an ever-changing digital marketing environment. The Digital Marketing module will guide you through the steps to build your own marketing map.
Module 9: Scheduling Tools
With a well-defined social media strategy in place, your team can accomplish all your social media goals in 15 – 20 minutes a day. An effective social media strategy is focused on working smarter, not harder this includes strategic automation tools to take care of many of the time-consuming and repetitive tasks. With this in place, your team will be more effective and spend less time on social media.
Module 10: Measuring ROI
Tracking your Key Performance Indicators starts with knowing what you want to measure. We will review all that is possible with online metrics and then create a well-defined monitoring strategy so you will clearly know what is working and what is not working.
- know who you are posting for, why you are posting it, what to post and where to post it
- a library of templates that you can use over and over again to streamline your social media posting efforts
- planning your work and then working your plan with a fully automated posting schedule
- you will know your KPIs and how to track them