You don’t need to be a marketing expert to get people to visit your website, but you do need to know what will work. That means going to where your potential customers will be. Google.
People take to the internet to look up items they need for any number of reasons. Price, location, variety, availability, and more. When your customers go online to look, let them find you.
With millions of visitors every single day, it’s difficult to understand why you wouldn’t use the platform. You have to advertise anyhow, so why not take it to where the people are already looking for you?
What are Google Ads?
When you type your search into Google, you will see a list of matches for what you are looking for. At the top of this list, you will see ads from businesses that offer that specific product or service. Advertisements can also appear on other websites through the Display Network and Google’s AdSense program.
Advertisers bid in an auction to have their ads show up in your search results. This is called pay-per-click because advertisers only pay when their ad is clicked on.
How Google Ads Works
Google assigns Quality Scores to each of the keywords you are bidding on. This score tells you how you rank. The higher your Quality Score the better you will do in the Ad Auction. Also in consideration are your Bid Amounts.
Your Quality Score is based on these factors:
- How closely your ad text matches the search query
- How tightly focused your ad groups are to exactly what you’re offering
- How relevant your ad is to the landing page
- How well you your account has performed in the past
The Cost of Google Ads
How much it will cost to advertise on Google depends on how much competition there is for your keywords, the size of the geographic location you want to advertise to, and your Quality Scores. Within Google Ads there is a Cost Estimate tool that will allow you access to bid, budget & target simulators.
Why Google Ads Work
With millions of visitors every day, it’s almost unfathomable that they wouldn’t work. As soon as you type something in the search engine, you can see how many advertisements there are. Here are the to 10 reasons you should use Google Ads:
- People Google. Think about the last major purchase you made. Did you Google your problem and look for a solution first?
- The 3 tenants of Advertising are the Right Message to the Right People at the Right Time. Google allows you to reach a specific audience right when they are looking for you.
- You can see how your ads are performing and make changes in real-time.
- Google Ads ensure your website ranks at the top of search results much quicker than with organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Even if customers are not clicking, you will build brand awareness by showing your key messages at the top of Google Search results.